Monday, April 29, 2013

Nice day for a white wedding... Or off-white... Or gold.

This is a lovely Papilio dress. I love the Grecian style mixed with the exquisite beading!



My niece got married just over a week ago, so I have had wedding dresses on my mind. It is my firm opinion that a woman can never be too old, too young, too single or too married, to enjoy looking at beautiful wedding dresses. There is something so etherial and elegant about a gorgeous wedding dress. And it's not just what the dress symbolizes: Marriage, Family, Happily Ever After. It is THE dress. The quintessential garment that will live forever in our memories, and possibly everyone else's (especially if it is particularly beautiful and unique).  


I love the chiffon mixed with the lace. And those sleeves are amazing! (Another Papilio dress.)



Plus, it is the one time in an average girl's life where she can spend a ton of cash on one garment and not feel guilty about it. And all eyes are always on the bride, wondering what her wedding dress is going to look like. It's kind of like the Oscars Red Carpet, only whiter and with more lace. So, I have decided to post some pictures of some current wedding dress designs that I hope you will enjoy! And in honor of my niece Afton, I wish you all the best on your journey ahead!


These three beauties are designed by Ersa Atelier.

This is one of my favorites, that's why I included two pictures.  That lace detail at the top kills me! And I am in love with the overall silhouette! 

I am a sucker for well used lace! This is a very sophisticated dress that maintains femininity.  Plus, it's very timeless!



I know many of you will scoff at this, but I am a big fan of 70's flowey dresses, and also pleats. So, to me, this is a match made in heaven! Plus the high, detailed collar is the perfect contrast to the rest of the dress! (I don't know who the designer is on this one.)


You can never go wrong with Vera Wang. Those ruffles are simply divine!

Another Vera Wang, I must say that I really like the collar, even though it's a little crazy and definitely unusual.

These next two are Ida Sjostedt. I love this one for it's simplicity and I also love the sleeve length. It's just an overall, dreamy dress!

The beading on this cape/jacket is mind-blowing! I want one of these to wear to church!

These next two are Alexander Mcqueen (the same who designed Kate Middleton's famous wedding dress). I like these because they stray from the wedding dress formula, but maintain the same level of loveliness. The gold beading here is perfect! She looks like a statue!

Some may say that these three are bordering on crazy, but if you throw out the horns and really look closely, I think you'll see just how amazing they are! The middle one makes me want to faint actually. I think if I had to choose an overall favorite, that would be the one! It has many costume and period-like elements, but still manages to seem modern and simply extraordinary! The one on the left is opulent andI love the ruffles on the right!


1 comment:

  1. Actually, I really love the horn dress--even with said horns. The middle one is pretty fabulous, too. You and the 70's! Gotta pass on that pleated dress--yuck!

    ReplyDelete