Friday, January 10, 2014

New Year, New Shoe


Without going into too much detail, life has been pretty down for me lately. You may have noticed that I haven't been posting as much. That is partially due to the Holidays, but also partially due to my mood. As I pondered on my next post, I realized that nothing cheers a girl up better than shoes. So why not do a post about shoes?

I'll take one of each, please! I especially love the striped heels.

I love seeing new ideas come out in areas where you think everything has already been done before. That crazy heel is way too cool!

These remind me of streamlined Creepers. I love them!



I've tried to research new trends that have come out recently or are due out soon, but it's not going to be anywhere close to comprehensive. But here is a smattering of new shoes that have managed to catch my eye. I tried to include more than just heels, but I think the selection is still a little lopsided. Be that as it may, I hope you enjoy, and I wish you a very Happy New Year! Now go buy yourself some new shoes!


I'm a sucker for a good, pointy toe! These bootlets are wonderful! I don't think I could choose a favorite.

The fancy lines on these take my breath away! So simple, yet so beautiful!


Cool idea.

I think I like the lace one's best. Surprise!

I love everything about these. I'll bet that heel detail would get caught on everything though!


Last but not least, I couldn't help but include these. I think I would call them more runway props than shoes. But who knows? Maybe they'll be all the rage soon?

2 comments:

  1. Morag -- clever and delightful. Wish you'd do one including different times from the past. But it's amazing that you've done this at all. I LOVE the black and white ones you put on facebook to introduce the post. It DOES make you wish you could go out and buy one, two, three . . . pair of new shoes . . . THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strangely, I am one of those girls that just doesn't get shoes. I guess I can understand the appreciation from an art stand point, but do I really have to wear them? Maybe it's because I have super high arches and can't wear most heels. Heck I can't even get my foot into them, my feet are too tall. So, it's just one of those things I gloss over in fashion (not that I'm super fashion forward either...). Historical shoes pre-1950s I might swoon over, but modern stuff I just don't get. This post was nice, though, to see some of the new and interesting shoe fashions coming out.

    ReplyDelete