Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Nice Day for a White Wedding - 2014

My post about current wedding dresses and trends that I published last year was really popular, so I thought it would be fun to do it again this year. I stumbled upon some fabulous dresses and some surprisingly un-fabulous gowns as well. Ultimately, I had two favorite collections, with a smattering of other dresses thrown in.

I was most shocked by how much I did not like Vera Wang's dresses. It's not so much the stark contrast of the black with the white, as it is the strange cut, materials and draping on many of them. They just don't say "wedding dress" to me.
Interesting for a dress, but not a wedding dress.
I think without the strap across the top I might actually like this one.
The crazy material used here reminds me too much of fish net!
I noticed that there were a lot of mermaid-shaped dresses and a lot of lace (which I have no argument against). Here are a smattering of my favorites:



I am totally in love with this 70's inspired gown!
The headpiece on this Sareh Nouri gown really makes this whole thing work! (I believe the 70's one is also by the same designer.)
The structure and detail of this Alexander McQueen dress leaves me utterly speechless!
I really like the Medieval lines and flow of these two Papilio dresses!

Now for my two favorites! First up, highlights from the collection of Krikor Jabotian (who I've never heard of before now). 
I must say, I am not usually a gold lover, but the usage of gold in this collection is so original and flawlessly used that it makes me rethink my previous opinions.

The cape-like flow of this is gorgeous!

This dress is so absolutely amazing! I love the flow and layering of the fabric on the side and how it still maintains the slim shape of the model. And the golden accents on the front and flowing down the back are pure magic!
Princess perfect!
And here is the Rosa Clara clara. Definitely more simple overall, but still stunning! I love the vintage influences and usage of gloves!


The use of art deco lines here is unexpected and fresh and beautiful!
The flowing sleeves on this give almost a delicate butterfly effect.

You can never have too much lace!
Another headpiece to die for!


No comments:

Post a Comment