Saturday, September 13, 2014

NY Fashion Week Highlights 2014

I am not going to provide a complete overview of the trends and fashions that were found at this year's NY Fashion Week. Instead, I am culling out some of my favorite pieces from my favorite collections. Hope you enjoy!

Monique Lhuillier
This collection makes me weak in the knees! Aside from the pink frock (*sigh) it is all blacks and greys and other dark hues. But it still manages to be completely feminine and light. I couldn't possibly decide on a favorite.







Vivienne Tam
I love the overall variety of textures and patterns in these clothes. Yet she still manages to make it all look like a cohesive collection. There are obvious 30's and 40's influences in the silhouettes and fabrics, which is probably why this one won me over so completely.






BCBGMaxAzaria
I love this collection for it's simple lines. I also love the choice of colors and the added, soft-tan fur. It's a beautiful, feminine, wearable line!





Trina Turk
As with Vivienne Tam, I love her diverse usage of textures and patterns. This is such a fun, retro collection. Very wearable!




And last but not least...

Zac Posen
Just when I thought I couldn't love Zac Posen more! These dresses are simply heavenly! And the colors are inspired! (Is that not the perfect color of teal?) These dresses seem simple, but if you look closely, they are all finished with a meticulous eye for detail. It's gowns like these that make me thankful for fashion and the beauty that can be produced with needle and thread.









2 comments:

  1. Yes, that teal dress is perfect!! Love his stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a better than usual overall. I find myself loving or at least liking nearly every piece. Encouraging. Thanks for the interesting commentary; that always helps me.

    ReplyDelete