Friday, September 20, 2013

Golden Autumn Fashion

Call me the earthy type, but I've always loved wearing autumn colours: oranges, browns, greens. Despite the fact that winter follows autumn, autumn is my favourite season. The colours of the fall seem to me the most vibrant and expressive, and what better way to reflect that than in the clothes we wear?

Starting with a look at the past, I'll highlight some lovely clothes of autumnal hues.

Circa 1815, a lovely golden, pumpkiny coloured gown.

A lovely brown floral dress from 1830s.

A checked gown, also from the 1830s.
A jewell-rich gown from the 1820s/ 1830s.

A mid-18th Century cloak.

A lovely dress from the 1910s

Lovely - from the 1920s.

Art Nouveau dress. Gorgeous!

From the 1930s


Argyle, plaid & gloves!

Gunne Sax dress from the 1970s

1960s

Another Gunne Sax dress.

You can hardly call this a dress, but it's cute, and autumn-coloured.


Fabulous tweedy/ plaid boots!



No comments:

Post a Comment