Monday, May 6, 2013

Animal Attraction

You know you want to buy this handbag and jewelry! 


In some of my searching and general wasting-of-time cruising around the internet, I came across a few really great fashion photos that include animals. So, I searched some more and realized this is somewhat of a trend, and has been for a very long time. 


I just love this ad campaign! Elegant movie stars, opulent jewelry and animals!



I suppose animals can make a photo more dramatic and mysterious. But, in my opinion, they are selling the item just as much as the model is. Honestly, in most of these pictures, I am more likely to want to buy said item just because the animal is there. (Especially if it is a sweet, cute, helpless baby animal!) So, without further ado, here are some totally awesome editorials with some totally awesome animals! Now we'll have to see if we all run out to the store to go shopping for these things. Don't blame me if you love animals just as much as I do!


I can hear you all cooing over this baby goat. Plus, it's an overall fabulous picture. I mostly want the hat and gloves. (And goat.)

Nothing makes a dress look more beautiful than a couple of giant elephants!

I'm a sucker for birds! It makes the dress look even dreamier!

To continue my not-so-subtle secret love of the 70's, I thought this was a really great one to include. I seriously want to be wearing that skirt and those boots. Right now.

I, personally, am a cat lover (even though the evil persian's are not my favorite). But it still makes me want to go buy this black dress (and a lint roller).

Adorable wrinkly dog + Awesome makeup and jewelry = Yes please!

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is an editorial picture or something else, but I love it and it makes me want to wear animal print everything!

This is my favorite! I love everything about this picture! Will someone please buy me an owl?

Doesn't this make you want to go work on the farm... while wearing really expensive impractical clothing?




8 comments:

  1. Is that lion alive? I wouldn't mind a cuddle! I LOVE this post! Everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Morag!! I can see how this animal thing could really suck you in--I'm totally on the look out now for more of these--not that I spend all that much time looking at fashion mags, but you know...the elephants are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to see how much fur that Persian Cat left behind on that black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Morag,
    Thank you for sharing my work on your blog. Fashion down on th Farm was a really fun shoot and was featured in VECU magazine. (The last image in your series - the girl with the sheep and the swan.)

    Best,
    Barbara
    Barbara O'Brien Photography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much for noticing my post. I am sorry I didn't give you credit! I just found the picture in a random search & had no idea where it came from. It is amazing, by the way!!! I looked up your website and your work is so wonderful! I have a beloved and beautiful cat who I'm sure you would like. It must be really tricky working with animals so much. I'm sure you have a special talent for it!

      Delete