Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Lauren Bacall, Film Legend


I've been meaning to dedicate a post to Lauren Bacall for quite some time, but for some reason it has never happened. So, due to the passing on of this remarkable woman, I am now going to attempt to accomplish my goal.

Look at the fit of this dress! She is showing absolutely no skin and yet you couldn't find a sexier, more sultry picture!

She was able to embody femininity and toughness at the same time.




In my life I have been affected by many actresses throughout the history of cinema. I first truly discovered Lauren Bacall when I was in High School and she quickly became my favorite. My friends and I were especially fond of The Big Sleep, and I'm pretty sure we watched it on a monthly basis. (Above is a clip from the movie. I just love her singing voice!) She was such a strong, feminine and assertive woman (both onscreen and off); the perfect role model for any girl in her teens. I think since she came into my life at such an impressionable time, she holds a special place in my heart. More-so than almost any other actress.
Here are three of her early modeling photos. So lovely!



My favorite!
She started out as a model and was discovered by Hollywood when she was placed on the cover of Bazaar magazine. Remarkably, her first movie was To Have and Have Not where she met her future husband Humphrey Bogart. They were married a year later in 1945 and remained so until his death in 1957. Of course, there's no way for me to know what their relationship was truly like, but to me they seem like the greatest Hollywood couple!


Hello! You can't get much better than this!




I love this snap shot of the two of them!


She died yesterday, August 12, 2014, of a stroke at the age of 89. She was always uncomfortable with the title of "film legend" that was given her by the American Film Institute. She said in 2005, "To me, a legend is something that is not on the earth." So, I guess she can now finally claim her right to the title. For me, she will always be the best example of strength, beauty, femininity and pluck. Thank you, Lauren Bacall!
No one looked better in full-legged trousers than she did!



I think this is from the same photo-shoot as the first picture. I especially love her hair!


1 comment:

  1. It's superb! Love Lauren Bacall & the photos you picked are perfect!

    ReplyDelete