Monday, January 12, 2015

Golden Globes 2015

I'm not going to get fancy with this post. I didn't think anyone's dress was abhorrent or terrible, so I'm not going to include a worst dressed list. It did take me some time to find some favorites though. On the whole, I think most of the gowns were pretty boring.


The most surprising part of the fashion choices was the color trends: white and yellow. I think both of these are tricky colors. White is tricky because there's a fine line between red carpet and wedding. Yellow is tricky because it can be a very difficult color to pull off. By far I preferred the white dresses. Though my two favorite dresses of the night were startling blue stunners. I would love to hear what your top choices were or what your general feedback is!

My Top Two:
Felicity Jones is so completely perfect in this deep teal gown. The crazy fold of the bodice could have gone horribly wrong, but teamed with the high collar and squared sleeves, it is flawless! A true thing of beauty!
This electric blue is also perfect and elegant and utterly beautiful on Julia Goldani.

My Favorite White's:
This extraordinary white gown on Salma Hayek was so amazing close up! The silver belt gives it just the edge it needs to not look bridal. And does she age?

In photos this dress looks a little busy, but it really took my breath away when I saw Sienna Miller presenting. I thought the details were stunning!

I am thinking that some people might disagree with me on this one, but I loved the easiness of this dress, and I thought it really fit her personality too. Somehow it looked just perfect on her.

Diane Kruger is always gorgeous, and this gown suits her perfectly!


Other Favorites:

This was my favorite of the yellow gowns. I love this softness of the color and the elegant flow of the folds.

Another outfit that would not look good on everyone. But she really looked  amazing!

I just loved the gold and pink combination! Greer Grammer looked so lovely!

Sophie Hunter looked classically beautiful in this gown, though it's hard to see past that fellow on her arm. 

2 comments:

  1. Loved the first blue. Liked the quilted white one and the pinkish one, was it. Also liked the silvery one. Not the over the shoulders white, nor the yellow (style was NOT becoming), nor the breasts-hanging white with floral pattern. Really. I don't know why that look is considered sexy, much least attractive. But thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the two blue ones. Stunning indeed! The yellow was pretty, and I really liked the pants/dress. She looks the most comfortable. It's a super cool design! I'm like Susan in that I don't like the bust all hanging out. I don't find it that attractive.

    ReplyDelete