Sunday, June 28, 2015

Extraordinary Designer Highlight

Antonio Berardi


I recently stumbled upon a fantastic designer I had never heard of before. His name is Antonio Berardi, and I am completely in love with his designs!! He is from Great Britain and is of Sicilian descent. So far, he mostly shows at London Fashion week, but he has shown at Milan and Paris as well. I personally think it's only a matter of time before he becomes a major, recognizable name in fashion.



Perhaps my favorite thing about his designs is his unique use of color and shape. Some of his pieces border on strange, but for me, most of them are downright stunning. I would love to hear what you think of the selection I have complied from his past 3 or 4 collections.

His most recent, pre-fall collection:
(This collection is all about angles and textures. So amazing!)







spring/summer 2015:
(Wonderful and varied colors and silhouettes!)









fall/winter 2014:
(That teal is absolute perfection! And combined with yellow?! Genius!)






3 comments:

  1. Ok--some of it I LOVE--some of it NOT!! The teal and yellow pieces are fabulous!!!!!! I love the blue and orange floral & the blue and white dress from Spring/Summer 2015!! But the blue & green dress and the peach dress from that same collection are so awkward!! And I don't really like the pre-fall big stride ensembles. So--mixed bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of his pre-fall collection. I like a lot of the Spring/Summer 2015. The first blue one is lovely as well as the peach and blue floral - I really love that one! I like the flow of all those dresses. I agree that that teal and yellow is stunning, especially that 2nd dress. WOW! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting . . . Heather and I agreed almost entirely on the ones we loved and the ones that totally turned us off. Most of the later ones were the best, the dark blue with the yellow. Some show he needs more "practice", so to speak. But I'm glad you discovered him and shared it.

    ReplyDelete