Thursday, March 21, 2013

Good Foundations


One of my greatest memories having to do with fashion has to do with shoes!  I had flat feet growing up and because of my orthotics I had to wear ugly shoes.  When buying new shoes I usually ended up with a bulky, brown leather, laced up shoe!!! I hated them.  I wanted shoes that made that "clip clop lady sound".  I wanted pretty shoes that made a sound that echoed in my ears.  My grand-daughter now does the same thing.  She is 1-1/2 and one of her favorite things to do is put on my shoes and walk on the wood floor.  No one taught her that, she puts them on and her face lights up.  She giggles when she hears that "clip clop sound".  Just like when I was young, the sound and feel make her happy.  When I heard it, I knew I was pretty, I knew I was powerful, I knew that I could do anything I wanted and go anywhere I chose.

Today I feel much the same.  Shoes and feet are very important to the way I feel.  They carry me into situations that are good and some that are bad.  They support me when the weight of the world is on my shoulders and holding me straight when everything is sideways.  A shoe can make me feel powerful or sexy, make me feel fun or serious.  A shoes is the very foundation of an outfit.  A good foundation is what is needed for most things in life, and I believe it is the same for fashion.

Shoes, shoes and more shoes!  I can put on an outfit that is ok and looks fine but when I add a pair of shoes!!! the outfit changes, it becomes something more.  A pair of jeans with a t-shirt and sweater can suddenly look sensational.  A shoe is the finishing touch to an outfit.  I do love shoes of all kinds.  Heels, flats, strappy sandals - red, pink, yellow, floral.  It doesn't really matter to me so long as they are not a bulky brown leather lace-up shoe!

No matter what your shoe choice may be you can't ignore what goes inside!  

Of all the things I do just for me, I think a pedicure is definitely one of my favorites!  Sitting on a comfortable seat, in a bright room, that smells like flowers makes me feel like a queen.  Not only do my feet become soft and smooth but my soul reacts the same way.  It always seems to take me forever to pick a color to put on my nails. I find myself searching and researching the wall of nail polish, imagining how each would look on my toes.  My daughter would say I always end up with some kind of RED. She is probably right, but last week I picked a soft spring purple.  What better way to start off Spring.   With this soft purple on my toes I feel like I carry a bit of Spring with me wherever I go. Even though it is still cold outside and I have to cover up my new polish, I feel better knowing that under my shoes are perfectly painted toenails. 


A good foundation is important, because with a perfect pedicure and a pair of beautiful shoes you really can do anything you want and go anywhere you want to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment