Tuesday, November 5, 2013

It's a Mod, Mod World

I'm not crazy about these clothes, but I thought it was funny that they used the Guy Fawkes mask.

In honor of Guy Fawkes Day (November 5th), I am doing a post focused solely on British, Mod fashion. Of course the most memorable occurrence of British fashion came in the 60's with the advent of the British Invasion in music. 


Awesome boots and hair and clothes!


Lulu was the quintessential female British invader.

Unconventional amazingness!

Another great Lulu picture!

Another huge image maker from the British Invasion. This is possibly my favorite picture of Twiggy!

Knee socks. Yes please!

Capes, plaids and tweeds!

I was probably only 8 or 9 when I discovered this movement, and it had a huge affect on me for years to come. Well, it has actually never really lost it's awesomeness in my book. Something about it's graphicness, it's boldness and even sassiness makes me happy. If I could get away with it, I would wear mini skirts and go-go boots every day. 


Black and white, one of my favorite fashion statements! Especially when there are checks involved!


I was completely immersed into the Ska scene when I was a teenager. The British, Mod perspective was central to the Ska outlook. This is Dance Hall Crashers, a wonderful band from that time!

More Ska bliss!

I also love how this idea of a British Invasion continually re-appears and re-invents itself in fashion! It's kind of my favorite! Thank you Fashion Gods! And Happy Guy Fawkes Day!!!


I love it all, but I am drooling over that jacket!

Bowler hat and brown plaid!

Burberry!

I love the hat!

Twiggy eyelashes to the extreme!

I love these colors and, again, checks!!!

2 comments:

  1. Morag, how did you do it in the midst of ALL THIS? Great job, and I love the fact that we "acknowledged" Guy Fawkes and "all of that"! Susa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's not to love about absolutely everything in this post?? One of my favorite fashion eras!

    ReplyDelete