Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Red Hot Valentino


I recently took a quick trip to the Las Vegas Strip. I got to stay at the Vdara hotel, which is connected to the "city center" area. Basically, it's a very up-scale, swanky corner of the Strip. So, I was able to do a lot of high-fashion window shopping. Most shops were lavish and swoon-worthy, some were a little boring, like Chanel's spring suits (gasp*). Some were a little gaudy, like everything I saw at the Versace store. But I was able to locate one store in particular where I basically wanted to set up camp and never leave. Red Valentino, located in the shops at Caesars Palace, was a little slice of (expensive) heaven.


The cape effect is fine, but I hate the lines and the overall color scheme.

These clothes were so fancy that they looked like they should be a costume for one of the local show girls.

I loved the Porsche Design store! Very simple, but not boring.

At first I was just going to show you their most current line, but when I saw all of their older collections, I simply couldn't omit some of my favorites. I love how playful and feminine the clothes are. One of my favorite things is the most excellent way they combine prints. I hope you all enjoy these pieces as much as I do!



AnnaSophia Robb looking flawless in Red Valentino.



I am crying over the perfection of this cape/coat ensemble!

Alexa Chung and Audrey Tautou, both looking fabulous in the same dress!




Kiernan Shipka, from "Mad Men."

Plaid and knee high socks. What more could a girl ask for?

I know many of these are somewhat girlish, but I feel a lot of these pieces could easily be converted to an older, more sophisticated look.

Touching the light, airy material of this rain coat was like touching clouds!

These blue floral and polka dot items were among my favorites (I couldn't find any better pictures for some reason). I'm simply crazy about that pattern and color combination!


3 comments:

  1. Boy there is lots of great stuff here!! I like the little girl one with the etched in backgrounds. I agree that lots of these could be altered/implemented for other more mature looks. Thanks for these -- I'm more impressed than I have been for a long while. Susa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you agree! I wasn't sure you would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something so striking about those photos with the hand-drawn-looking background. All of those dresses are very sweet with a nice 50s vibe going for them. There's just something so brain tickly about them! lol

    ReplyDelete