Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Oscars 2014 Did Not Disappoint

Many nude ladies.
I really wanted to try to post this last night, but I just haven't had the chance. I will start off by saying that I was generally pleased by the Red Carpet Fashion of yesterday. There were not a lot of surprises, and perhaps too many played it safe, but on the whole people were beautiful and the night was very satisfying! There seemed to be a general trend of nude colored gowns with embellishments. There wet cute pregnant women. There were some horrendous choices and some jaw dropping beauties. I will start the list with the best of the evening, and then descend from there. Hope you enjoy:


THE BEST

Oh Lupita! You really made my night! This soft light blue, Grecian gown was complete perfection! And I love what she did with her hair. Plus, her acceptance speech for Best Supporting Actress was beautiful!

I'm pretty sure Emma Watson could wear anything and I would love it. This has just the right amount of youth, edge and sparkle to make it one of my favorites of the evening!

This elaborate gown on one of my favorite red carpet women was a huge risk. When I first saw it from afar I was skeptical. But as soon as I saw a close up, I was sold! The interesting neckline and chunky sequins were so unusual and utterly gorgeous!

Some might think that this should go in my "pretty but boring" category, but there is something about the cut and simple folds on this dress that really gets me! Amy Adams looks flawless!

I was undecided at first on Charlise's dress, but the more I looked at it, the more I loved it! That crazy neckline is so interesting and I love the subtle detail in the skirt.

Aside from the fact that this dress did Julia Roberts' bust no favors, I still loved it. Yes, it borders on Granny a little, but I love that lace detail at the neckline, and the skirt flounce somehow works.

THE PREGNANT

That soft, flawy purple looked so perfect on Kerry Washington. I'm not so crazy about the one in the middle, but I love the simple, black dress on Olivia Wilde.

Aw! What a cute couple!


THE PRETTY BUT BORING

Sandra Bullock certainly looks beautiful, but I just find that this dress is too average looking.

I do not like what Jennifer Lawrence did with her hair, and like Sandra's, I just find her dress to be meh.

THE BOYS

I'll take the one in the tux.

I think I liked Benedict Cumberbatch's look the best. Classic and sharp!

I thought Will Smith looked great, but I abhorred Jada's pink/peach dress!

THE NOT SO GOOD

As much as I like Anna Kendrick, I just thought there was too much going on with this dress. Me no likey!

I kept wanting to like this, but at the end of the day, it made her look frumpy and old.

I really hated the shape of those sparkly accents on this dress! I felt it made her chest look droopy.

In comparison to Lupita's Grecian-style gown, this one was a poor attempt. I hated the uneven belt and the strange wrap around train. I honestly thought that she might be trying to hide a cast under there.

Oh Kristin Chenowith! She looked pretty, and this extremely bold dress certainly matches her personality. But ultimately, there is WAY too much going on, and I really hate that scoop front neck line.

Finally, I leave you with one more view of the overall, landslide winner. Goodbye until next year. Parting is such sweet sorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment