Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

I have been thinking a lot lately about the power behind a good ad campaign.  Sometimes, while perusing through my favorite magazines, I am struck by one particular photo and cannot stop looking at it....can't stop thinking about it.  A great photo, with beautiful products, can really strike a cord.  Here are a few of my favorite ad campaigns:

This is a fairly new campaign from Belstaff.  I'm sure it doesn't hurt that Ewan McGregor is in this photo!

He is very easy on the eyes!

I just love the photos from this ad campaign.  The clothing is amazing and the mood of each photo grabs you!

This next one is from Saint Laurent, Paris.  I absolutely love this outfit!  It is simple, yet very sexy.  The hat, the hair, the blouse, the shoes....I love it all!  

Another great photo from Saint Laurent, Paris.  And another great outfit!  I love the hats!

I love this.  It reminds me of the costumes in "To Sir With Love" with Sidney Poitier.  A great look!

I thought I would end (Saint Laurent) with this amazing photo of Beck.  He is so awesome, I just love this pic!!

I will end with one of my favorite designers.....Christian Dior.  The actor, Marion Cotillard, is a model for Dior.  I think it is a perfect pairing; a striking woman with beautiful, classic clothing.

How amazing is this photo?  I think it is very 1920's with just the right amount of sex appeal!

I remember the first time I saw this photo.  I couldn't stop thinking about that amazing red blouse!  I want that blouse!  The setting of this photo, with the city in the background, is so alluring.  You feel as though you are there with her.  Perfection!

 Divine.  Exquisite.  Gorgeous.  Elegant.
I adore this dress.  And the shoes.  I wish you could see it more clearly, it really is marvelous!

I don't love Jennifer Lawrence, but I think these photos are wonderful!  Love the turban!


I will end with this iconic image: the infamous "Bar" suit and jacket from Dior Haute Couture (Spring/Summer 1947).  The sloped shoulders, nipped waist, the full pleated calf-length skirt, the articulated bust and padded hips.  It is, in a word, stunning.  In 1947, Christian Dior presented a collection of wasp-waisted and hip-padded designs. The American press immediately dubbed it the "New Look."  The "Bar" suit was considered the most iconic model in the collection.

I hope you have enjoyed a few of my favorite things!     












3 comments:

  1. First of all, that first picture with Ewan is smokin' hot! Second, I love everything else, especially all of the Marion Cotillard pics! I'll wear what she's wearing, please! You're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Great pics of Ewan McGregor. Also, is that THE New Look outfit that Marion Cotillard is wearing, or a copy? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a copy. Actually, that last photo (on the mannequin) is a reproduction as well. I just thought it was a good depiction of the New Look, so I used it.

    Ewan McGregor is so HOT! Enough said!

    ReplyDelete