Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Pink Wigs and Handsome Men? Yes Please!



This is a small, gem of a movie that most of you probably haven't seen or even heard of. It is silly and wonderful and has an amazing cast. (Headlined by a lovely, young Shirley MacLaine. It also has an impressive male cast of Paul Newman, Robert Mitchum, Dean Martin, Gene Kelly, Robert Cummings, and Dick Van Dyke!) It also happens to have some fantastic costumes, so I thought it might be fun to highlight some of the best. And if you get a chance, please watch this movie. It's worth every giddy minute! (I know they have it on IMDB, or you can rent it on Netflix.)

Close-up of this amazing ensemble. I have got to get a wig like that!


I want to apologize for the quality of pictures. Some are not so good, but hopefully you'll still be able to admire the clothes!

One of my favorites from the whole movie!

Awesome wrap around bikini!

I wish you could see this whole gown! It is stunning, especially in that emerald color!

Before seeing this, I had no idea Shirley MacLaine could dance. She does a pretty good job!

What? You can't really see her outfit? Oh well!

Wish you could see this whole thing. It's supposed to be like a work of art & it's really cool!

More pink? Yes please!

Yup, this one is a little crazy, but I still like it!


Did I mention that she looks like a million bucks in this movie?

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! Love that Bob!! These costumes are AMAZING!! I think I may have heard of this, but that's about all. Let's watch it when I get to Vegas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never in my life heard of this (and that's sayin' somethin', since I spent a good chunk of my teen years ODing on TCM). Sounds like I need to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality information. Thanks for sharing. Wigs for Men..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy our blog! Thanks for reading!

      Delete