Friday, August 2, 2013

Random Red Carpet

These top two are my favorites! Mila Kunis looks absolutely stunning in this timeless, champagne colored dress!

No surprise Lucy Liu made it to my top two. I sometimes hate cut-out's, but they are perfect here in this little black dress! I love how the skirt isn't too short, since the neckline is a little revealing.


I miss Oscar season so much that I decided to look up some recent red carpet looks to see what I'd find. For the most part, there's nothing too extraordinary. But I did manage to find some gems, and I'm going to share them with you now.

I love how simple this dress is here on Saorise Ronan. It's really all about the color, and this deep red is  gorgeous!

Though I think I prefer this dress on the less-busty model (sorry Alice Eve, but you still look great), I still love the graphic lines and the lovely gold.

Emma Stone is even more adorable here in this flirty, lacy number. I love it!

I'm not generally a Jessica Alba fan, but I love the crazy graphics on this dress! Especially on the top. And the fit on her is perfect!

OK, I know some of you are going to think I'm crazy, but there's just something about this outfit. I think it's the tie at the waist, and the overall unconventional-ness about the whole ensemble. (I think this is actress Rebecca Hall.)

Helen Mirren always looks amazing, doesn't she? I love this color!

Joey King here on the left did a great job of choosing something that bridges the gap between young and grown up. I love the soft ruffles, the sheer neckline and the black belt! And her hair is fantastic too! If she's not a fan of the 20's, then her stylist is.

I love this dress worn by Cobie Smulders! The colors are wonderful and I love the graphic lines and angles! 

I loved this dress (or I suppose it's separates) worn by Zoe Saldana! The color, the material, the long skirt length! But I think my favorite thing is the straps in the back. And though the dress worn by Alice Eve isn't my #1, she still looks wonderful! Flowers can often be unforgiving, but their placement here is fantastic.


And, as Oscar season always has it's fashion flops, I decided to show you a few of the terrible ensembles I've happened across.

Oh Gwyneth Paltrow! I don't see how you could have looked in any mirror and thought that this looked good!

The truth is, I don't necessarily hate this dress, but I hate it when it's on Eva Mendes. It doesn't suit her at all. The colors, style, lace, it's all wrong on her!

Oh Selena Gomez! I know she's trying to grow up, but to me this ensemble is a terrible mix of grown up and young. It looks like an outfit my little girl would design for her Barbie.


Abigail Breslin's outfit here is fine (if a little dramatic), but don't get me started on Halle Berry! Nothing about this ensemble is good. Starting with the weird, strappy heels, moving up to the asymmetrical leather skirt, chain belt and slouchy top. This outfit is way too young for her, though I don't think it would even look good on a 16 year old either. And I'm just gonna say it, GROW YOUR HAIR OUT ALREADY!

Gwyneth #2. Perhaps not as bad as the first. If the sides of this dress weren't sheer, I think I might actually like this. But there is so much sheer! It's not like a little tease! It's like, we're all just waiting for her to trip and bare it all! Bad choice!

This is Rachel Korine. She was in Spring Breakers with Selena Gomez. I'm not sure I have any response to this dress, except to say Eeeeeeew!

I would love to hear your feedback. I know that red carpet fashion always invites a lot of debate and differing opinions. Feel free to rip me to shreds. That's part of the fun, defending your favorites (or standing by your opinions about your least favorite).

1 comment:

  1. Wow--epic fail for Gwyneth Paltrow, both times. I would like that dress without the sheer sides, but as is--Yuck! You are crazy re: that pant suit--sorry!

    ReplyDelete